Clare Junior Golf Tour will enforce a Code of Conduct similar to that of the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA).
EXPLANATION OF CODE OF CONDUCT
Clare Junior Golf takes great pride in the quality of its players, host facilities and broad community involvement at each tournament. In order to continue making the experience enjoyable and rewarding for everyone, Clare Junior Golf requires all members to adhere to a set of guidelines known as the Code of Conduct. Its purpose is to help all participants grow and mature by understanding and accepting the consequences of their actions. The Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the junior’s participation in at Clare Junior Golf events.
VIOLATIONS OF CODE OF CONDUCT
Any of the following actions by a Clare Junior Golf participant at an event, non- Clare Golf Tour event or toward another tour participant anywhere, constitutes a violation of the Clare Junior Golf Tour Code of Conduct:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
- Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Conduct not becoming of an IMG Junior Golf Tour participant, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
- Physical abuse, the threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, coaches, sponsors, host golf course volunteers or members, Clare Junior Golf Tour staff or volunteers in any medium
REQUIRED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward.
- Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks (host golf course permitting) must be worn and tucked in at all times
- Women’s fashion shirts without a collar must have sleeves
- Women’s fashion shirts must not rise above the belt line at anytime during the golf swing
- Women’s shorts and skorts must be of appropriate length
PROHIBITED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans
Proper attire is required at all times at the host golf course, including during player meals. Questionable attire will be reviewed by the Clare Junior Golf. Should a host golf course have a stricter dress code, its policy will take precedence. Players in violation will not be allowed to tee off.
CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION PENALTIES
The Clare Junior Golf Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on the severity and frequency of the violation(s):
- One-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the golf course
- Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next event(s) for which a player has been accepted
- The IMG Junior Golf Tour reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the IMG Junior Golf Tour Code of Conduct
- Violation of the IMG Junior Golf Tour Code of Conduct may affect a players eligibility for the Tour Championship and post-season honors if applicable
IMG Junior Golf Tour participants violating the Code of Conduct at outside championships are also subject to the penalties above based on severity. Multiple Code of Conduct violations will result in a written letter to the player and his or her parent/guardian.